Easy Transition From ISO 9001:2008 to the Latest Version ISO 9001:2015
ISO 9001 is by far the most popular and widely accepted quality management system used by many organizations worldwide for increased efficiency and optimum customer satisfaction. The ISO 9001 version changes every 7 years. Since its inception in 1987, it has been improvised 4 times, ISO 9001:2015 being the latest addition. Developed by the Quality Systems Technical Committee of ISO / TC 176 / SC 2, ISO 9001:2001 was launched on September 23, 2015, and thus replaced the older version ISO 9001:2008. Organizations are given a transitional period of 3 years to adapt themselves to the rules and norms of the latest version. Which means organizations must implement the latest 2015 version by September 23, 2018, to continue their compliance with ISO standards.
What is the need for ISO up-gradation?
All ISO management standards need to undergo reviews on a regular basis in compliance with the rules of it. The ISO committee unanimously agreed on a review and laid down the following objectives for maintaining its relevance in the marketplace in the years to come:
– Integration with other management systems.
– Unsegregated approach to the management of the organization.
– Indicate the challenging environments in which businesses operate.
– Increase the organization’s efficiency to deliver optimum customer satisfaction.
So what improvisations can one expect with the new version ISO 9001:2015?
The new structure of ISO 9001:2015 is definitely the most noticeable feature. Now it follows a similar overall structure as other ISO system standards that make it a lot easier for organizations that have implemented multiple management systems. More emphasis on risk-based analysis is another noticeable feature of the new version. Some other improvisations are as follows:
1) ISO 9001:2015 stresses more on leadership engagement than its predecessor. The top management now has a deeper involvement in the management system, which also means that they must ensure that the objectives and principles of the new version are genuinely compatible with that of the organization.
2) Organizational risks and opportunities are addressed in a lot more coherent manner.
3) Use of easy to understand language and a common structure are significantly helpful to organizations using multiple management systems like health and safety, social responsibility, environment, etc.
4) The improvised version has replaced preventive thoptv apk download for android actions with corrective actions.
5) A new clause called Context of the organization is included in ISO 9001:2015 version for QMS. This clause entails the need for determining the relevant external and internal issues as well as, establishes, implement, maintain and improve the Quality Management System continuously in compliance with the standard requirements.
If you are an ISO 2001:2008 certified company here are some handy tips for smooth transition to the new version:
– Familiarizing with the new document is the key since most the clauses are the same.
– By identifying the organizational gaps if any.
– Planning implementation would be wise.
– Provide adequate awareness and training to the concerned parties will improve efficiency and save time.
– Upgrade your existing QMS in accordance with the latest version.
– Seek help from your certification agency for a smooth transition.